AA - 2016

Author:  Gretchen Enslin РSTBB
19 January 2016


When planning to purchase a property, it would be prudent to check first whether there is a land claim pending on that particular property.

While you could check with the Land Claims Court or Land Claims Tribunal, a more expedient method would be to apply to your regional Land Claims Commission office.

Even if the seller is unaware of any pending land claims, the purchaser might demand that an indemnity or disclosure is included in the deed of sale.

List of all the Land Claim Commission offices

Gretchen Enslin
Gretchen is an admitted Attorney, Conveyancer and Notary Public who completed the Advanced Masters degree in European and International Business Law at the University of Leiden, the Netherlands.
Her dual interest in Business and Law is why she chose to combine her undergraduate studies with a Baccalaureus Commercial degree, majoring in Accountancy, at the North West University in Potchefstroom. It was during her postgraduate studies at the University of Leiden that she wrote her thesis based on Corporate Governance.
Gretchen is employed as an articular affinity with giving training, therefore she enjoys giving legal updates and PDE training to estate agencies. In her private time, Gretchen
Associate at the STBB Bedfordview branch where she is involved with the day-to-day tasks of running their property transfer department.
She also has a p
enjoys travelling and exploring new destinations. She has recently taken up Ballroom and Latin lessons and aspires to perfect the Viennese Waltz.